Home Community B-hyve Smart Hose Faucet Timer Flow Rate Too Low (after getting ~5.8gpm during initial set up)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #77537
    Kevin B
    Participant

    Okay, I have 3 units, all initially set up and tested fine. Any ideas on where to look for this issue: when setting up the devices, I got an initial flow rate from 5.8gpm to 6.3gpm on the same hose I used to test.

    Then I accidentally cleared out the rate and decided to re-test. One of the 3 units now keeps telling me that I have a flow rate that is too low:

    Flow Rate Too Low
    Flow rate information is unavailable for this device on zones which use less than 3.0 gallons per minute.

    So what did I do wrong? Should I reset things? On the hose itself I have a digital meter that rates the line at 300 gallons per hour. If my math is correct that is 5 gpm which is in par with what I initially tested out at.

    Spread the love!
    #77578
    rami564
    Participant

    Having the exact same issue.
    Keeping track…

    Spread the love!
    #77616
    Stephen
    Keymaster

    @KevinB Is your digital meter installed before or after the timer? When you run the timer, you can see the flow rate by tapping in the middle of the circle on the home page of the app and it’ll show live stats, have you checked that to your digital meter to see if it is accurate?

    Spread the love!
    #77681
    Missileshooter
    Participant

    I have the exact same issue. No flow rate. I have tried a new timer doing flow rate during initial setup, new timer after setup, recalibrate on a timer that had a flow rate, flow test with nothing attached and all give the less that 3 GPM flow error. This is on 4 units with 3 being new. All updated FW 0041 and hub is FW 0030.

    HUB: 44 67 55 20 2E C5
    TIMER 1 44 67 55 10 DF 6E
    TIMER 2 44 67 55 11 C6 34
    TIMER 3 44 67 55 11 AB BC
    TIMER 4 44 67 55 11 BC 69

    B-HYVE APP VER 1.7.29 (497)

    Anything new on this?

    Spread the love!
    #77683
    Kevin B
    Participant

    I found that if you can connect to the timer via bluetooth the flow rate test will run. That is probably why it works “out of the box” because when setting up a new timer, it is connected via bluetooth. Only after setup will subsequent connections default to using the wifi hub. The flow rate is reported however during normal use.

    Spread the love!
    #77684
    Missileshooter
    Participant

    Thanks for the tip. I just went out and connected to them 1 at a time using bluetooth. Calibration worked as you described and I have smart watering working again. It may be a glitch, but all my smart watering wouldn’t ever show a program. Never ran in the last couple of weeks, but it has been raining a LOT here in Florida. Completed calibration and immediately began showing programmed runs on all timers.

    At least the system appears to be working now.

    Spread the love!
    #77687
    Kevin B
    Participant

    Mine doesn’t show a program unless I have a manual program defined. It has been raining quite a bit on/off and haven’t had a good test run yet, but to me it looks like if you are using auto/smart watering it won’t show a program until closer to the date it “thinks” it will need to run. But it has watered for me when we had a few days of less than 30% chance of rain (I modified the smart settings to water more frequent than the default as the showers are spotty and even if the forecast shows rain, it is too general…wish we had physical rain sensors available for integration with these units.

    Spread the love!
    #77742
    lannister80
    Participant

    FYI, if you’re trying to watch the live flow rate on the app (while watering) with the app connected to your B-Hyve hub/wi-fi, the flow rate displayed will be *far* lower than reality, like half. However, the total gallons used will be correct (which just shows the app is multiplying your calibrated flow rate X runtime, not counting actual gallons going through the device during that watering session).

    But if you connect directly to the timer via Bluetooth and start a manual watering cycle, the flow rate will show the correct value. Weirdly, doing the flow calibration through the hub/wi-fi works fine (reports correct value after 10 second test). Unsure why the “live” rate is so low.

    I confirmed with Orbit support that this is a bug.

    Spread the love!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Spread the love!