Tagged: Dagi Alexa
May 5, 2018 at 4:34 am #1425[email protected]Participant
a few things I’ve noticed.
1) asking alexa to start watering works fine and does my 1st controller. I have 2. I have read mentions there is work in motion to fix multi controllers.
2) the time is in the future. It just told me it completed watering at 3pm and it was at 1pm. This is similar to people saying the local time is not used. its not getting alexa time either as mines correct to my location. so not sure what its using atm.
3) when I started the watering I could not see anywhere in the app that shows my lawn/garden is currently watering at all. I search everywhere, so if I’m not at location I cant tell if its on or not. I just cant find it or missed it somewhere.
4) when I log into the web client I only see 1 device / controller. my second device / controller isn’t there though its on my phone app.
5) a few times now I’ve logged into my phone app checked the device and the APP has my location in US not Australia. not sure why that keeps changing.
btw I love these controllers :). just have to work out how often to water etc. irrigation company is saying 10 mins a day. I thought it needed more than that, and I have drip / sprinklers on the one zone front and drip back. I was thinking of more time and not everyday myself. (I have nfi)
BatesySpread the love!May 7, 2018 at 7:47 pm #1480StephenKeymaster
Thanks for the comments Batesy, here are some answers to your concerns.
1) We are working on a fix for this
2) We are also looking into this.
3) This is located on the home page of the app. If your timer is communicating properly with our server, then it will show up here and do a countdown of the watering.
4) The web portal is currently out of date and we are working on a newer one. Here is the link to our beta version of this timer. techsupport.orbitbhyve.com
5) I show it is currently reporting as an Australian timer, but I will keep an eye on this one to see if I can see it change.Spread the love!May 14, 2018 at 2:52 am #1765
Hello – I am slightly confused how to use Alexa or I didn’t do something correct in regards to the setup.
I have the Hub and the Faucet set up and they show up in my App under the same Group. I enabled the bhyve skill in Alexa. I tell Alexa to start watering – and nothing happens. Alexa confirms per voice that the system is watering..but nothing !!!!
Do I need to do ANYTHING else?
The Timer Run Mode is set to [Auto]. Smart Watering is off.Spread the love!May 14, 2018 at 12:05 pm #1773
Adding to the above: I noticed that if I start watering with the Bhyve App then I can STOP it with Alexa. But I can’t start watering with Alexa.Spread the love!May 15, 2018 at 8:57 pm #1831May 15, 2018 at 10:33 pm #1837
@booyancy – no, nothing yet. But I believe I know WHY it is happening. On the B-Hyve app I see my hub and the water faucet timer, but on the web version of B-hyve I only see the hub. Reading through all the postings it seems that is a known issue and there needs to be an updated web version to fix it. So when we’re linking Alexa to b-Hyve I have a hunch that we’re linking to the web version, not the app version. So Alexa doesn’t even know there is a faucet to turn on. Now why she can turn it off other than it’s just a “turn off everything” is beyond me.Spread the love!May 16, 2018 at 12:26 am #1845bwatrousParticipant
Yep. Same thing for me. Hub and timer listed in app. Only the timer on the website. Also, timer listed as station 1 in app. Listed as station 0 on website. And, can turn on with app, and turn off with alexa, but not turn on with alexa. Anybody got any clues?Spread the love!June 7, 2018 at 1:46 pm #2801TPB_in_TexasParticipant
It’s a broad problem. Alexa cannot turn on the sprinkler timer – it doesn’t matter how many b-hyve appliances you have. You can turn on the sprinkler timer with the iPhone app, and turn it off through Alexa, but you cannot turn it on with Alexa.Spread the love!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.