Yes – this happened too. For some reason the timer wouldn’t switch to bluetooth. So the following worked..
(1) Turn off the wifi hub.
(2) Pull the battery out of the faucet timer
(3) leave it out for a short while
(4) Put battery back in
(5) Once light flashing starts, connect to timer with App – bluetooth should now work.
(6) Do firmware update
(7) On reboot the timer may try and do wifi connection so it might say that the firmware update has failed, but if you check the timer and reconnect with bluetooth it will show the updated firmware (41)
(8) Turn the wifi hub back on and flip it off bluetooth – should be OK
got no idea what is in the update though…